Random Neuron Firings

whatever happens to float through my brain at the time...

Monday, July 17, 2006

I Love the 70's

I've been watching I Love the 70's, Volume 2 on VH-1 lately. Mostly when I'm nursing The Baby. I love watching those shows. Guess I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

But... (you knew there was going to be a 'but', right?)

Some of the people they have commenting on that show don't look old enough to have even been born in the 70's, let alone remember them. I was born in the early 70's, and I can only start remembering stuff from about 1976 onward. And even then, I don't remember a lot of it b/c I was a little kid -- I didn't listen to Deep Purple or know from Bobby Fisher. Sure, I know about them now, but I learned about them afterward. (By the way, I do love "Smoke on the Water").

But still, I do love watching those shows and remembering what I do remember.

And I loved "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" (the movie) AND "Dr. Who", so there. But then, I fully accept that I am a geek.

Now I'm waiting anxiously for "I Love the 80's, Volume 2". That's really my decade. My true formative years, when I was more aware of pop culture.

Groovy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Pippert said...

Way to go future blogging queen! Welcome to the world and glad to see this. Yes, I am a little confused about who they have commenting sometimes.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home